Arrest Warrants · Bench Warrants
Las Vegas Criminal Defense Attorney
ARREST WARRANT vs. BENCH WARRANT. In Las Vegas, both arrest warrants and bench warrants are orders from a Las Vegas court or judge. Arrest warrants and bench warrants can be Federal or State issued and are executed by a law enforcement officer in the State of Nevada.
An arrest warrant is a formal document given to the police, ordering the arrest and detention of a person. An arrest warrant typically will be issued after a Grand Jury indictment or when law enforcement reasonably suspects criminal activity has occurred. In most situations, people are not aware that an arrest warrant exists until the police are in the process of arresting them.
An arrest warrant issued in the State Of Nevada is basically valid forever with no expiration date.
WHY YOU NEED AN ATTORNEY. If you believe there is an outstanding arrest warrant or bench warrant for you in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, you are at risk of being arrested by the police and brought to jail or court at any time. Although you do not need an attorney to assist with your Las Vegas warrant, you are at a huge disadvantage if you represent yourself.
ADVANTAGES OF HIRING AN EXPERIENCED
CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY
- An experienced criminal defense attorney will be able to cancel your warrant and, in many cases, avoid custody.
- A skilled criminal defense lawyer, who has handled these types of cases, knows exactly what documents and information the court requires in getting a swift resolution.
- A good Las Vegas criminal defense attorney knows how to explain to the judge and prosecutor the reason for the warrant.
- A knowledgeable criminal defense attorney may convince the court to release you on your own recognizance (O.R. Release, which is your promise to return to court), without posting bail.
- Your attorney may also argue for a reasonable bail and arrange for the bail bondsman to be present at court (if bail is required).
If you have been accused of a crime or have an outstanding arrest warrant against you, please contact my office today for a free consultation with an aggressive and resourceful criminal defense attorney. My law office will work tirelessly to ensure the best possible outcome for your case. I return phone calls promptly and I am available to answer your questions at all times. I will patiently explain the procedures, possible consequences, and available legal options in your case. Call me today so I can protect your rights under Nevada law.